View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 AM   #3
supradaddy0803
12psi boost

supradaddy0803 is on a distinguished road

Doing the piston ring by your self (I am considering that you have a little mechanical background) sucks. I rebuild a n/a 7m a long time ago and there is no easy way to do just that. If you can get a new motor for 1k I would say shop around because I have seen 7mge for like 500 and 7mgte for like 750 to 900. Just remember if you go the new motor route check the HG and possibly replace it with the motor out to save you some headache down the road. You dont know how that crazy Japanese guy treated that motor or whoever you get it from. But in the mean time seeing as you will have to pull the head anyways then pull it. Check the valves first oil will make them seal up a bit as well usually they will go before the rings do most of the time and they are easier and cheaper to fix. Also check the head gasket if it is bad change it you can drop the pan just enough to break the rod bolts on number one then just push it out the top and inspect it. Sad thing is you cant just buy the rings for one piston they come as a set and if you went this far might as well hone and replace them all. Well I think I have exausted myself and your eyes OH YEAH if it is a 7mge you want parts to I have one sitting that has good rings and vlaves.
Tokico pillow blocks
Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bar
HKS super dragger cat-back exhaust plus test pipe
Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller
HKS type 1 turbo timer
Supra sport solid steel drive shaft
Walboro 255 fuel pump
JZA70 Front end mod
18" Volk Racing AV3 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear
supradaddy0803 is offline   Reply With Quote