Thread: Hey, I'm New.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:09 AM   #9
ravenmaster
12psi boost

Location: Being not duly informed, I refuse to answer with any degree of accuracy for fear of prevaricating
ravenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Supra Villain View Post
Hey, I'm Nick. I just sold my 1994 Acura Integra GSR (I miss it everyday) and I am going to pick up my buddy's turbo MK3 in a little bit. I was wondering though, does anybody recommend a newer, quicker spooling turbo that I can slap on this bad boy?
Ignore Supramescist unless hes being serious, most of us like him but he is rather sarcastic. Anyway congrats on your new MKIII, but Supramiscist is corrent, nothing just "bolts onto this car. There are alot of things to consider.
1. Change the Head Gasket immediatly, MKIII's are netorious for bhg's (blown head gaskets) and you dont want to experience one in our cars, trust me I have had it twice and other problems come with it. I would suggest spending the extra dough and buying a metal head gasket. Especially if your going for higher horses.
2. What is your budget? Be realistic, its worth it. Put money slowly into your car, dont go all out at once and find out you cant finish your surrent project.
3. HKS is good, but look around a little and do some research. Check otu diffrent sites and see what worked best for other people. Finding a winning combo in our cars isn't difficult but you have to know what your doing, you cant just bolt on a T whatever turbo and turn it up to 15PSI and expect your car to run great, you blow a head gasket run into fuel cut, a whole bunch of stuff.
4. Cold Air Intakes are usually a good first mod, alot of people go with the K&N FIPK kit but myself and others take it a bit furthur and route it into the inside of the bumper. After that go with the downpipe and work your way to a Lexus AFM with 550cc Injectors then you can move to a higher turbo.

Like I said it is what you WANT to do and what you can REALISTICALLY can do. I wish you the best and look forward to your updates.
Tokico Illumina II's (TEMS) | Eibach Pro Springs | SpeedTech AntiSway Bars | Cusco Strut Tower Bars | Lexus AFM/550cc Injector Mod | SOGI short shift mod | Aluminum Driveshaft | Upgraded Fuel Pump | 12 PSI Boost | MHG | 11/30/08 Dyno 362RWHP 326ft/lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by supramacist View Post
Ya I'm the a$$hole. I think you're still mad raven cause I thought from your handle that you were a chick. I said I was sorry for that.
ravenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote