View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 04:49 AM   #5
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

I bought a JDM 7MGE through eBay, and immediately after receiving it I put it in the car- no rebuild. I have yet to have any problems with it.

However, I HIGHLY do not recommend this stupidity. Although all of these motors are "low mileage", they still have all of the problems that all 7M's have. Also, you have no clue as a consumer how that motor was treated before you got it, how long it sat around the warehouses it's been stored at, and how the previous driver drove it.

ALL USED ENGINES NEED TO BE REBUILT

That is, if you want reliable performance from it.

I'm gonna be pulling mine out when the funds are available to build it up as a Bad Ass N/A, so I'm okay with the fact that I put mine in without a rebuild. Also, my car doesn't even run due to tranny issues.

Oh yeah, if you swap in a JDM motor, you;ll have to transfer over the emission control items and a few other things for a direct plug-and-play in your US Spec Chassis.

I bought my motor for $464, and picked it up here in SoCal.

Hope this helps some
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote