View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
1988gte
3" Exhaust

1988gte is on a distinguished road

wow that was fast!! I am going to buy new plugs later today. The gap was no where near .31 almost 3 times more gapped! The timing is good i checked it like the haynes manual says. I checked the omhms on the mass air meter, eveything is fine there, oh i cleaned it with b-12 :unsure: Oh and about the wire, plugged. and i unplugged it for kicks and it will still start. and it wont die in a couple of seconds. It just wont rev up passed 2500 with out stalling and hesitation. I think you are right on me killling it. I called toyota today and they said that even if the ohms are okay that i might have killed an "element". The local parts store told me a new mass air sensor is about $450.00. maybe a junk yard? Oh the previos problems where that you could drive the car but when you gave it gas it would hesitate stumble but as soon as you let off the gas would start to pick up speed. I checked the ohms on the throttle postion sensor, everything okay also set it up like the haynes manual says. when i unplug tps drops revs and wants to die. I check back later after i get the plugs and check egr anything else that i forget let me know again thanks a bunch!!! jago@direcway.com
1988gte is offline   Reply With Quote