View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
suprasabre
Stock

suprasabre is on a distinguished road

My son lost his Supra to me for pretty much the same reason. No, I didn't take it away from him, he had too many tickets in too short of time. And I couldn't afford for him to be on my insurance and he found that the Supra was costing him too much on his own. He now drives a Paseo and hasn't had a ticket in two years. And I have the Supra, but due to issues (head gasket now) I haven't been able to drive it too much yet.

Cops love to go after the younger crowd! Because of all the racing related accidents out here in SoCal, if you are suspected of racing, many of the local jurisdictions are confisating the cars, then taking them to a smasher and then just junking them. Consider yourself lucky if you have a car to sell.

Racing on public roads is just asking for trouble, I know it is great sport, but there are a lot of kids getting killed, more so then a few years ago. I think a lot of it is that the cars go faster and the drivers are not experienced enough to handle the speeds. Either way, look at it as an expensive lesson and next time, use a radar detector.

89 Supra N/A
05 Honda ST1300 (motorcycle)
suprasabre is offline   Reply With Quote