View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #185
jprive
Stock

jprive is on a distinguished road
Talking I LOVE JDM & USDM cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cageceo View Post
...that car has a great story and to top it off looks nice.
Was researching the new "Supra" or Lexus LA-F as it is going to be called, and came across this thread.

I would like for it to be known that I am a huge fan of import cars, especially the Supra. I fell in love with the 86-92 mkIII models when a soon to be friend of mine (Ernesto) went zipping past me on the local "Saturday-night-drag" back in 1993. I was in my cammed with heads, 3.55 geared 89 Fox Bodied LX hatch. The sound of his blow-off valve cutting the air, and being louder than my Flowmaster exhaust with long tube BBK headers, cat-less X-Pipe, 2,500 RPM drone in 3rd gear completely enchanted me. Which shortly there after I found out the car was also amazingly fast. I was then and forever hooked on the car and gained much respect for the platform.

With that said, I read the post in which the quoted excerpt came from and felt like the poster was saying that the American car market pales in comparison when it comes to history or nostalgia as it would be; and I may be wrong. So here is my two cents for what its worth.

There is a huge heritage behind every muscle car that rolled out of Detroit. The pony car wars had a huge effect on the car market and they molded for a long time how the US car market existed.

There is a long and great story that goes along with a lot of great cars from the 50's 60's and 70's both forgotten and remembered to this day.

-J

p.s. either way thanks for the memories.
jprive is offline   Reply With Quote