View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
1988gte
3" Exhaust

1988gte is on a distinguished road

I am very new to the supra, I saw it for sale and had to buy it. 1988 toyota supra turbo. The owner before said he was having problems with the car and didnt understand any of the "computer stuff" and just wanted to get rid of it. I new it was going to have problems but i thought it cant be that bad, anyway it has 163,000 miles. clean no dents, dings. It has a new head,timing belt,cat pipe, fuel pump. He gave me all of the paperwork and bills on everything that was done. Now that thats done let me tell you my problems. When i first got the car it would run and by run i mean go the speed limit and then some (70+ MPH) got home started tearing apart the car and found lots of carbon bulid up in the air flow meter (maybe from backfiring?) so i cleaned it, thats when the trouble started. I couldnt keep it running from then on. so i checked the timing belt made sure it was lined up correctly, check coil pack, wires, spark plugs (lots of carbon bulid up but didnt replace them) good spark, checked vaccum line, egr, fuel filter, fuel lines,still not running, did a fuel pressure test. found that it was very low so i bought a new pump great pressure now the car starts and runs but wont go passed 2500 rpm's any suggestions why? i tried to cover everything if i forgot something to check please tell. oh and i get these codes
14 ignition signal, 24 intake air temp sensor signal, 31 air flow meter signal. What does it mean by signal?
1988gte is offline   Reply With Quote