View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 04:18 AM   #13
linuxgurupodboy
Intake

linuxgurupodboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic89 View Post
well I pulled my dip stick and it smells like gas and I bought the motor from a shop that imports motors from japan it only has 50,000 on it now and when I replaced my cam cover gasket I never took the injectors out, I know you need to replace o rings. I want to do a fuel pressure test on the fuel rail and the tool you need (sst 09268-45012) is not available to buy, is there anyway I can take out the injectors and test them out of the car. I think the problem it getting worse b/c now it smell more like gas when trying to start.
your dipstick smells like gas? sounds like a head gasket or a cracked cylinder or majorly stuffed piston rings. One way to test it take off the oil cap and put hand over it. If you can feel pressure, that's not a good sign. Not too sure if it will work with the dipstick.

But I can't see why that will cause your engine to play up. Possible options are fuel pump or filter, Throttle position sensor, computer is fried, spark plugs and leads, timing maybe out, blocked air filter. But as Suprra Girl said, "do a diagnosis!!!!". But I'm pretty sure your piston rings are stuffed.

linuxgurupodboy is offline   Reply With Quote