View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #183
cageceo
Intake

cageceo is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotcycle View Post
i really don't know why everyone is complaining about a friggan v8 in a supra. people are all tryin to squeeze v8s into their FDs and Miatas and you guys wanna tear the shit out for a smaller, older, heavier motor that is more prone to fucking up? thats ass backwards. v8s are stone cold simple and makes fucktons of torque. Besides, with a NA v8 stock, there will be so much more potential then some 3.xLitre straight 6.
I have been testing corvettes recently, and i don't like the cheap american interiors but i really like that LS1/2/6/7s can pull out of anything in any gear. and the 2/7 motors sound rediculous, like F1 status with exhaust.

Aftermarket Twin Turbo v8 supras anyone?
you don't get it, so ill explain to everyone here supra as it stands is AWESOME, PERFECT. You don't Fix Perfect and you can't do better. plus v8 is generally more American. i own a 5.0 trust me i know they don't care too much about the looks. they care more about performance and noise.

So recap,

A. no all of us do a Engine Swap that way, if i had a supra trust me it wouldn't even cross my mind to put a v anything "I-6 for life".

B. the new concept doesn't remotely look like a supra, that's freaking sad how could they drop such a good looking platform.

C. Some people prefer the sleeper effect ( Quiet, cleaner, yet fast) i like both but if i had a supra i'm pretty sure you wouldn't hear it coming. that's just my style. my 5.0 on the other hand... lets just say i wake up people when i stay up late.

After market twintubo V8 anyone ?? no thanks... give me an MK4 any day and ill be happy with it.

to me the car means something more then just simple HP, that car has a great story and to top it off looks nice.