View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
adder75
Stock

adder75 is on a distinguished road
Default A few first impression questions

Now that I've had my new (used) Supra for a few weeks of driving time I have a few questions about it for you more experienced supra drivers out there.

The first thing I notice is a whining sound when boost kicks in. It seems to pull very hard (though I'm used to 155hp), but there is a slight fluttering hesitation when it initially starts to build boost. I suspect that I might have a boost leak/blow off valve issue. Can anybody who has experienced boost leak give me their 2 cents? I'm going to remove the blow off valve, and see if i can blow through it tomorrow when I have some daylight.

Second observation is the shift from first to second. It seems like a beast compared to what I'm used to, and does not seem to respond well at ALL to very fast shifts from first to second in particular. Instead of the wheel chirp I'm used too even from a car with a lot less power, I get rocked back and forth, and feel like I need to learn to drive a 5 speed again. Are there any known issues with this clutch, or should i just keep practicing (BTW this is an 87'Turbo)

One more annoying problem for now:

The "dome" lights won't turn on whether I push the buttons, or open the doors. I've checked the fuse. It looked good. I replaced it anyhow. Still no go. I looked at all other fuses, and they all look good as well. I looked at the bulbs, and they seem fine, but i replaced those anyhow, and still no light. The visible connections seem to be fine around the bulbs with no corrosion to speak of. If anybody has any ideas I would be very appreciative.
adder75 is offline   Reply With Quote