View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
binxy69
Stock

binxy69 is on a distinguished road
Default Can anyone help? Cleaned out air intake, now keeps dieing.

Hi, I just purchased a 1991 Supra mk3 manual turbo. Newly reconditioned engine, running sweet as.

I thought I'd give the K&N filter that was on the Air Flow Meter a bit of a clean and clean out the throttle butterfly as in my oppinion it felt a bit gummed up.

After taking everything off, and cleaning it all up i proceded to put it all bk together and went to start it.

It started up fine, and idled perfectly. I then went to throttle up, and it just died. When i tried to start it again it started fine again, and throttled fine up to 2500rpm then sluttered and died. I also noticed the engine fault light was on. Now everytim I start it the fault light comes on.

I tried resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery, when I start it the ENgine fault light isn't on, but then it just dies instantly. On trying to start it again the fault light comes straight on, and it'll rev up to 2500rpm again.

Something tells me its going into a "safe mode", what could I of done. I thought I'd managed to damage the air flow meter, but all the voltages are fine and a good signal coming down the cable.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks, Jim

Last edited by binxy69; 01-14-2008 at 05:08 PM.
binxy69 is offline   Reply With Quote