View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
Mitshiko
Stock

Mitshiko is on a distinguished road
Angry

Thats probably the case. the guy said it had a blown head, and it seems to act like it. Its fine when the engine is cold, and then after warming up, it starts to die out, and is hard to get up to speed. it kinda goes in and out of accelerating and stuttering, like its trying to die.

a while ago it was idling really rough, kinda clunking a bit and idling at 500-600, and would rev like....slow...going WOT when its just warming up, like...5 minutes after driving seems to have no affect on the power or speed.

Anyways...I found a link to buying a HG set... 7MGE Toyota Head Gasket Set (86-93) from PartsDinosaur.com..I know its cheap, but please understand, I cannot afford to do everything right now. The jackass I bought my 89 from hid every last thing from me until after the engine was running and was able to stretch its legs. At that time, that "Stop Leak" crap he put in there blew through the head, the crap in the heater core was forced out, and massive amount of coolant went into the engine and that cost 1200 bucks. plus the set was like single gasket was just for the top and I was charged 150 for that. I got new struts and that was about 540. new tires was about 520. I had about 5500 dollars to make this work, but insurance hit hard, so now im down to my last reserves of 100 bucks. I just got this 86 for 500 bucks, and it needs some minor things it seems like. at least minor compared to what went into the other one.

Anyone know how to take struts off the car...lol, kinda thinking on selling it, and salvaging what I can...lol