View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Chambers
walbro fp

Chambers is on a distinguished road
I'm doing the same thing, I have everything ready but intercooler lines and wideban. I plan to turbo my NA with out swapping everything off the turbo engine. From what I am aware of, the NA do not have a fuel cut, but I could be wrong. I'm getting a wideban O2 sensor and gauge to make sure I don't blow my engine from a to lean mix. I would suggest you get that before you do anything, hook it up and make sure it works before you go putting the turbo on. I would also suggest you get a metal head gasket and ARP headware, otherwise you will pop a head gasket pretty quickly.

If you don't get a fuel computer you will have to adjust the timing and run high octane fuel so you don't have any detonation. I would also upgrade the spark plugs to a higher thermal level. If you end up not having enough fuel you can try using stock turbo injectors, thats what I'm going to do if I cant get enough fuel, but I think the pigtails are diffrent so some wiring would have to be done.

If you have the money and are willing to put it down for any kind of fuel computer I think you should. I my self want to see if the stock NA computer can compensate but I also don't want to blow my motor. Good luck.

1986.5 Toyota Supra - NA - 5 spd
1986 Ford Ranger Lowrider - 5 spd
1984 Ford Ranger XLT - 7" Lift - 4X4 - Auto
"Stuck in the 80's"

Last edited by Chambers; 01-14-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote