View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
Morty
Stock

Morty is on a distinguished road

Turns out the hose that blew might not be the EGR line afterall.. It is a about a 1 inch diameter hose that connects between the valve covers on the very back of the engine I think it is for heat. The line apparently either gave due to old age or exploded. However I am still at a loss on all the original symptoms. Could this cause a vacuum leak? But the oil loss is what I need to find out. There is what appears to be a hex head insert for a large allen wrench right in front of the line that ruptured that at the bottom of it has a theaded hole at the bottom and all around it is wet with evidence of oil and gunk. The other simalar hex heads on the head do not have threaded holes. I wish I had someone here local that I could compare with but I hope someone here can help. Apparently all the smoke that was comming from the car (white) during my breakdown was not from the exhaust but from oil burning on hot parts. When I popped the hood the majority of smoke was comming from the very back of the engine where that hex head and blown line were comming from..... I still have my fingers crossed I don't need a new engine..
Morty is offline   Reply With Quote