View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

From what I've read and done on other cars is to jack it up to about 35-45 degree angle (if possible; hills help with this). Pop the radiator cap off, turn the car on and the heater on full blast, and let it run for a looooooooooooooooooooong time. You should be seeing bubbles coming up at the radiator cap, and as long as your not revving the motor or anything, your coolant loss should be minimal. Just bring some premixed coolant with you because your coolant level will slowly drop as the air escapes.

I've never done this on a Supra cuz mine hasn't worked long enough for me to be able to, but it should be as I described. The greater the angle the better because of the height of the heater core versus the top of the radiator cap.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote