View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
Supra2NR
1000whp postwhore

Supra2NR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop n' Go View Post
Ok so new to the forum and I've been seeing helpful things so my turn to ask questions! Little background on me first...I've been racing karts for two years now won a few should have won a lot more who knows but it's all about going fast. I've been looking to get into a supra MKIV before the begginning of next school year. I'm deffinatly going to want a turbo on it but one or two I can't decide yet. I really don't need a fast car or a car at all I currently have a 99 Integra stock as a rock but it'll go (and I know 110 in a 70 ticket to prove it and still going). Anyway looking for a car and got on here realized I don't know shit about any wastegates, intercoolers, how turbos work, what an AFM is, or a lot of stuff lol. So I was wondering is there a how to go fast for dummys or something like that on the web? I've been googleing how a such and such works with some success but in one place would be great. I've also been considering a 240sx but leaning on the Supra because it looks better and I think I could do more to it! Thanks for replys!
how much is your budget?
trying to get an mk4 is a big money drainer
maintenance, insurance, gas
and trying to make it faster doesnt come cheap either
there's a lot of info in the FAQ section of this forum

here's a few things to look forward to
mk3's have the headgasket issue, its the biggest thing that plays into your decision when buying this car,
there's tips on buying mk3's in this forum too
the search option would be your best friend right now

if youre question sumtimes get ignored
dont think its bcuz they dont care about newcomers,
its jus sumtimes its been asked so many times, and they dont want to answer it anymore
most of the basic questions are either in the faq or already has a "sticky"
on top of every section

Into Bikes now,, apparently the supra couldnt kill me, so my zx6 might lol
Supra2NR is offline   Reply With Quote