View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
mrnickleye
1000whp postwhore

mrnickleye is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtp_22 View Post
NEVER TRY THIS! This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard and I hope nobody ever tries this for the sake of your engine. First off water should never be in your combustion chamber period. Second have you ever of hydrolocking. If not here is a definition from wikipedia.

In automotive terminology, a hydrolock (short for hydraulic lock) is the immobilization of an engine's pistons by a liquid (usually water, hence the prefix "hydro-"). Hydrolocking occurs when liquid fills a cylinder on the intake stroke and, due to the incompressibility of a liquid, makes the compression stroke impossible. This, in turn, prevents the entire engine from turning, and can cause significant engine damage if one attempts to forcibly turn over or start the engine. Typically, connecting rods will be bent, making the engine uneconomical to repair.

You are very lucky you did not ruin that engine! Make sure you aren't suggesting repair methods that could potentially destroy someones engine. Never use water.
Your silly, and probably have NOT turned as many wrenches over the 30 years I've been a professional auto tech.

This water idea is a valid one. And does work. The Hydrolock you are talking about will NEVER even come into play with the JOB the fellow is describing.

More research on you part before 'spouting off' is needed.