View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #4
Boombastic
3" Exhaust

Boombastic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengus View Post
i do not beleive the transmission has any supports it goes up and down rather freely. we had it supported by a jack. but i guess we just gotta keep everything kinda low, and wiggle and pull till it comes apart
I ran into the same problem as you did on my supra when I did my tranny swap from auto to standard. Now you said that the tranny has seperated away from the engine about two inches. That is good your half way there, but the problem is that no repair manual tells you more then "unbolt the tranny from the engine". There are no supports on the tranny but what there is is two flaps on the side of the standard tranny. You have to take those flaps off and look inside the tranny. You should see the pressure plate. Now on the pressure plate there is 6 bolts that hold it to the flywheel unfourtunatly (one of toyota's wonderful inventions), but you can't get to all of them at once. So you have to rotate the whole assembly to get them all off. Make sure that you have support under the tranny because once those bolts are out the tranny is heavy and will come out fast. Like I said I had the same problem and my auto teacher couldn't even figure it out, so I had to troubleshoot my self. Please let me know if this info helps at all, im pretty sure I answered your question from what I read. Good luck.
Boombastic is offline   Reply With Quote