View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
Izapyou
Stock

Izapyou is on a distinguished road
Default Got a question to ask

Yesterday I was driving my turbo 88 supra home, and forgot to turn on the rad fans friends like to turn the switch off when we get out of the car to go somewhere so the car doesnt run dead when they are with me. I noticed that I had smoke after driving it for a few minutes coming out of my hood. I turned the car off when I noticed it was just barely overheating and the radiator seal blew, spraying coolant everywhere. I had the car towed home that night, and let it cool off. I was wondering if i blew the head gasket or not, that why im here asking for advice. I pulled the rad and the coolant spilled out, and there was no oil in the coolant when it came out of the lower rad hose. I plan to put the new radiator in tonight, and run the car. If the car's temp gauge jumps around is that a sign of a bad head gasket with the supras, and should I still pressure test the cooling system. I know about water coming out of the exhaust, the milky oil cap and dipstick, is it a project to replace the head gasket difficult and should I attemp it. I called around its 12 1/2 hrs worth of labor at a shop. I might pay someone if I get the right price.
Izapyou is offline   Reply With Quote