Thread: Radio lights?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
D_Train
3" Exhaust

D_Train is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills1988
1988 Supra: HELP! I am new to the forum and thanks to your help I found the solution to my lack of heat for the past 2-years due to a faulty Vaccum Solenoid Valve (VSV), so I thought I would ask another question that has been bothering me for the past 18 years! Are there supposed to be illumination lights on the factory radio? All dashboard lights work fine. (The radio is the original AM/FM Multiplex, Electronic Search, w/Cassette Stereo and Acoustic Flavor). With all the engineering that went into the Supra, I can't believe it would be designed withour lights!! I bought the car with 30K miles and the radio lights never worked. I have checked fuses and relays, and everything seems to be OK. I have also read the FAQ and searched the forum for "radio lights" but get no useful answer.

By the way, the local Toyota dealer had told me the heater problem was due to a clogged heater core and wanted $1500 to replace it. Glad I waited 2-years!!! I'm just sorry I didn't know about the forum earlier.

I am almost positive that it lights up. In the owners manual i have it appears illuminated. Unfortunately I don't have the stock radio anymore.
D_Train is offline   Reply With Quote