Thread: Turboing a 7MGE
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #6
Chambers
walbro fp

Chambers is on a distinguished road

You dont need a CPS or a coil pack if you dont plan to use a 7M-GTE computer, and if you do then why not pony up $1,000 bucks for a complete JDM 7M-GTE with the computer, because the NA has a diffrent ignition system. I'm almost ready to finish my NA-T project, all I need is a BOV and to mount my intercooler. I was lucky enough to get a JDM engine in my car and the NA block had the oil retern for a turbo, it was located below the oil filter, so all I had to do is tap into the oil pressure sending unit. As for the water line there is a small line on the termastat houseing that goes from the top to the bottom outside of the housing, thats where I'm tapping the water from.

I've beent trying to get all the info I can about the injectors and the resistance running to them, becasue the way I see it, it might be possible to "fool" the NA ECU into sending more volts thru the injectors by modifying the resistance to the injectors. This way I can make a NA-T keeping the NA ECU. Hope this helped, good luck.

1986.5 Toyota Supra - NA - 5 spd
1986 Ford Ranger Lowrider - 5 spd
1984 Ford Ranger XLT - 7" Lift - 4X4 - Auto
"Stuck in the 80's"
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote