Thread: Ticking noise
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Jrew
Stock

Jrew is on a distinguished road
Default Ticking noise

Ok so i did some research on the forum to try and find the answer to my problem. however, i was not convinced so i've decided to make a post about it.

here's the deal (excuse my poor punctuation, im in a rush): my car is starting really really hard on a cold start. I had it looked at by a mechanic and he couldn't find anything, in fact it started fine for him when he got it. so i get the car back and it starts, but really hard on a cold start. on top of that, now im hearing a slight ticking noise comming from the top of the engine. it speeds up as i rev the engine and doesn't go away as the car heats up. what could this be? I've read a couple of things and being the mechanically inept person that i am (im working on it), im not sure which one it is or how to test to find out.

lastly, i need to find a few parts but am having trouble locating some of them. Here they are:
  • The part that the ignition wires run into (coil?)- it sits on top of the engine...
  • igniter
  • trunk struts
if anyone can give me some insight that would be nice. Thanks a lot guys, you have no idea how much of a help this forum is.