Thread: 7mgte
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
supraman121
12psi boost

supraman121 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom747
hey i am doing a 7mge swap to a7mgte....and i was wondering..the car i have with the 7mge in it is a 86.5...will any 7mgte engine fit in there??? becasue ive read that you have to watch for the yr of cars?...just want to clearify b4 i buy any 7mgte engine then it not albe to work in my car...aslo the 7mge is a usdm engine ...would i be able to use a jdm engine???? cause i found a site that has engines that come with everything....but they are jdm? is that ok?
Do you have a second gen or a third gen supra? I have a mid year 86 supra that is an mk3 or third gen, If you get a 87-88 7mgte motor it will fit with no modifications to the engine bay, the trans will work but you will need a new clutch if you dont upgrade it when the engine is out, you'll also need a ecu from that year and a wiring harness uncut if you can find one.

www.myspace.com/coreyjstevens

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1536317037 <------ this one should work check out the accident one aswell ya i might be a "fat kid" but i sure can move fast!~
supraman121 is offline   Reply With Quote