View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Gengus
Stock

Gengus is on a distinguished road

thank you for your reply,
i understand what you are saying about not knowing very much about the car because I cant hear it run which is the main reason i havnt purchased it yet. when i initially saw the rust underneath it scared me but upon further inspection i realize that it is all surface rust, most of which is from sitting for four years ( it sat in a garage that protected it from rain but not the large amounts of humidity we have here in va) rust is only on bare metal underneath car and all of the ruberized undercoating is still holding up strong.

It is possable that the car has been repainted but i cannot find any signs that would indicate it.

there isnt really much i can tell about the block but the owner did allow me to take the head with me to have it looked at and i just had a machine shop take a look at it. it has slight warpage: 45 dollars to shave off. the big problem (that i know of) is that it needs valve stem seals, a valve job and possibly guides. if i where to have all of this done at the machine shop it would run about $500

i plan to put the head back on myself but i am not sure about the valve work (obviosly some of it has to be done by a machine shop). I have the needed tools except the torque wrench which i am getting as a birthday present.

You say your gonna have 13,000 into your car by the time its done, does this include modifications? did you do most of the work yourself or how did you get that much money invlolved?

when i go look at the car a third time i am going to inpect the trans fluid (burnt particles in it, etc) at the moment its looking like im gonna buy the car, though i am taking my time in my decision as this is a pretty big gamble, all advice is greatly appreciated
Gengus is offline   Reply With Quote