Thread: Msrp!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tordur
First of all, my compliments to this great forum, I have found a reasonable amount of useful information so far.
Glad you've found it helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tordur
Cutting to business:
I?m looking into buying myself a fourth generation Supra, but since the taxes here are sumewhat insane it would come in handy if I knew what the car costed new, this based on the grounds that the tax on an imported car here is determined by the price for the vehicle new (without taxes). I believe the technical term for the figure I?m searching is "MSRP".

To dish up some examples for how high the taxes are, I imported a ?91 third generation fully modded Camaro Z28 Targa, which costed approx. $6.000 in purchasing and an additional $9.000 to $9.500 in taxes and registration fees etc. This was about 4 years ago. Two years ago i got myself a brand new Subaru Impreza 2,0 turbo WRX (Note: NOT the sti version) and this car costed somewhere in the region of $70.000 registered! And I have some more scary tax-examples, but will let those be for now, so I won?t anger myself too much

Oh well, we?re getting off topic here, so back to basics:
I want a 2JZ-GTE with targa roof (preferrably) but to determine which year I should be searching for it would be great to have a list of the MRSP! for the different years, so I could determine how big a difference in cost each individual year would end up with.

P.S. If i could get the stock price in Japan this would be awesome, since it presumably was a lot cheaper over there than in the states, UK or elsewhere in Europe.

Sum summarum:
Anyone know the price for the Supra new?

Thanks a lot
I paid about $45K USD for my Mkiv TT back in '94. The price ranged from about $41K (plus tag/title/insurance/delivery/etc. fees) all the way up to about $52K USD. Here's an original window sticker:
http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/s...bo_sticker.jpg

Price went up in '95, so it's probably the most expensive year. Least expensive was '93 and '97, I believe.

All my info is US-based. I'd welcome postings by our fellow Supra buddies in other countries!

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-14-2007 at 02:40 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote