View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by df963
This option appears much cheaper at the moment.
Cheaper than what? Purchasing an n/a and then upgrading everything to TT? If so, then yep I agree 100%. In fact, it's even cheaper if you might go single turbo on the Supra someday, because you'll already have the header and the downpipe! Just be sure to confrim with the Aus. gov't that buying a TT and removing the turbos qualifies the car as non-turbo from their perspective.

Quote:
Auto TT Supras are selling for $2000 more than N/A.
The auto TT seems like a MUCH better deal than the n/a.

Quote:
All I would have to convert the transmission sometime.?
Why? What will be using your Supra for? If you'll be drag racing it, the auto is faster and more consistent...

Quote:
You couldn't send it over to Australia could you? Do you have any idea where to get those parts (in Australia)??
The bad news is that a brand-name (eg. HKS) single turbo header and downpipe will cost about $2500 USD or so. I've heard you can get them on ebay but the quality is somewhat suspect...

Quote:
Roughly how much would a job like that cost?
Probably more than $10K USD.

Quote:
Also, if I had say put in an aftermarket stereo system and that, would that make it harder to do the conversion?
No, it'd make the job easier. Converting to an exact oem TT stereo would be somewhat tedious - finding specific oem parts like wiring harnesses and oem subwoofer enclosures, etc. An aftermarket stereo usually bypasses some or all of the oem wiring, and the oem components are completely replaced.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote