View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Do they have an actual warehouse? Do they have other listings with different engines/transmissions? Or do they have a bunch of other Supra Parts? If they actually have a listed stock (i.e. the engines/tranny's), then they are probably a motor redistributor; they probably get JDM used engines and sell them here in the U.S. for a little bit more. If it's just a bunch of Supra parts, then they're probably parting a car out, so they might not be very reputable.... In either case, these are older engines so no matter where you get it from there's some risk involved. You don't know how it was taken care of (or not). My opinion (having bought a rock-solid JDM 7MGE off eBay), is read feedback, check out how professional the listing is, and look for a customer service number. Any good business should have one. Then you could ask them about their stock and find out if they seem like people you should deal with. Also keep in mind that PayPal offers some buyer protection (such as the motor not being how it was stated, not receiving your item, etc.), and these services take time but are fairly effective.

I hope this helped your decision some.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote