View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
Sabin76
Stock

Sabin76 is on a distinguished road
Default What to do with scammers?

I was looking at an unbelievable ad for a '94 turbo 6 sp with only 45k miles on it, and was in contact with the "seller" (handle: Jeni Hartford) over the last week. It was in beautiful condition, had a clean title form CARFAX and was selling for $4,900 . She told me she had to get rid of it for "personal reasons," HA!

Of course, a quick search of the VIN she provided on google gave me a whole bunch of listings. The photos matched, but the prices and the seller did not. Apparently, the real listings were for a car that is selling for $38,000 by a certain Mr. Tachibana.

I emailed Mr. Tachibana to let him know that his car was being used in scams, and my question to you is, what should I do to this "Jeni" person, if anything? All I have at this point is "her" email addy and a phone number that I haven't tried to use yet. "She" may very well think that I'm still interested in the deal, so I might be able to get more info out of "her." What can I do to "teach 'her' a lesson" as it were? Any ideas?
Sabin76 is offline   Reply With Quote