View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
Drag0na5h
3" Exhaust

Drag0na5h is on a distinguished road

Same thing happened to mine after I replaced my engine with a used one from Japan. I noticed right after that my oil pressure reading was completely dead. First I changed out the oil pressure sensor with one I bought here in America and noticed the one that was on the engine looked very slim compared to the one I just purchased. After changing it out my gauge still didn't give any readings...turns out the gauge was mechanically dislodged from the needle. Hard to describe without pictures, but I just had to mechanically reconnect the spring to the needle or replace it with a working one I got from the junk yard. I decided to replace it just in case it was more than mechanical failure. Then everything worked perfectly after that. Well here's my guess...not sure if the readout on JDM supra gauges is PSI or N/mm^2 but if it is the N/mm^2 maybe the oil pressure sensor is calibrated for that kind of readout and as result dislodges itself from the gauge needle that reads PSI. Then your gauge is no longer in working condition. Then again you said you swapped your old oil pressure sensor and put it on the new motor. In my case I didn't.

Last edited by Drag0na5h; 09-22-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Drag0na5h is offline   Reply With Quote