View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
MeatRo
Stock

MeatRo is on a distinguished road
Default 1986.5 Supra Project

I figured I may as well make a project thread...

So what I have is an 86.5 Supra, non-turbo, 5 speed. I bought the car for $1,000 with 147,000 miles on the odometer, a few dents (the worst one in the rear passenger QP). It seems to run alright except the exhaust is choking it badly, plus the exhaust pipes rattle, so that will be among the first things I get done. I believe it's been sitting in one place for a long, long time, mainly because it hasn't been registered since 2004, plus the door panels are gross and crusty and there's lots of leaves and stuff stuck in the hood vent.

Work done so far:
Changed hoses, distributor cap, rotor, plug wires, fuel filter (God, that thing is in such a weird spot).
I still need to change the plugs and one hose (lower radiator) but Autozone didn't have any plugs or lower hoses for the car. New wiper blades also.

I've got the entire car gutted right now, there's nothing in there except all the AC/Heater components which are coming out today. Entire dash and crossbar have been removed for easy access to AC, lines have been cut and I'm going to loop the coolant lines today and pull it out.

Problems:
Speedometer doesn't work, but I've already got the short cable ordered and it will be here on Tuesday. The car has been converted from automatic to 5-speed without changing that cable.
Instrument panel does not light up, not sure if there's a bulb in there that's bad or what, but it won't come on at all.
Blinkers stopped working last night when I wired everything back up, but I'm sure that's a simple fix.

Coming soon:
Godspeed radiator.
Cooleeze 3" Exhaust pipes from HPF
Magnaflow 3" Muffler
3" Hi Flow Catalytic Converter
Plugs/Lower Rad. Hose
Cone Filter

Once I get the radiator out, I'll also pull out all the AC stuff under the hood. Going to clean up some of that shotty wiring under there today. And for the people saying "3 inch exhaust is way more than it needs." That's because I don't plan on keeping the 7MGE in there for long after I'm done tightening down the chassis/suspension. I'd like to drop the turbo engine/trans in there and chase after about 400HP.

I will probably have pictures posted later, but I have no digi-cam at the moment.
MeatRo is offline   Reply With Quote