View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lexus
...I was going to replace the heads and pistons, make my own intake, and get a new intake manifold, and from what i understand those are the only things that are different from the 2JZ-GTE and the 2JZ-GE...
Wrong...very wrong. There are MANY other differences, as detailed in many threads in this and other forums, as well as the original 'yota docs:
http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/ncf/ncf93/
Quote:
...Okay, well would the connecting rods and crank be able to handle the load?...
Crank yes (same in 2jz-gte and 2jz-ge). Rods I can't say 100% for sure (since I don't work on very many n/a's), but I'd guess that for only 600rwhp: yep.
Quote:
...Well I'll just get a 2JZ-GTE head. How much are the gains from a port/polish and all that?...
Whoa hold on there. You do realize the 2jz-gte head requires a totally different ignition system, and a different exhaust manifold (due to the port spacing), right? I'm pretty sure that the ports for the intake manifold are different as well...

A 2jz-gte head will flow 600rwhp no prob, with no porting & polishing.
Quote:
...What is the highest comp. ratio i can go with a turbo?...
With pure methanol you could probably run 11:1 and turbo it too. Pump gas is a totally different story. It all depends how much boost you're going to run. Normally, the way you make 600rwhp with a 2JZ-GTE, you run 8.5:1 pistons, about 25psi of boost, and 100 octane race fuel.
Quote:
...Thanks for the help, even though you haven't even touched on specifics your information is extremely helpful for planning out my project.
I'll get into as many specifics as I can...ask away...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-08-2007 at 12:47 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote