View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
jadeanthony
Stock

jadeanthony is on a distinguished road

we dropped it off again last night, it ran fine all the way over there. When he started it up it pumped out about 1/4 of water then the exhaust was dry, no white smoke. The guy torqued the heads beyond factory specs. We checked coolant ratio, it was approx 50/50. It seems to be an intermittant problem but neither my son and I are mechanics and this guy doesn't take questions well. The proverbial "I have forgotten more than most people think they know" He came highly recommended but now we are in a tough spot. The car does not cool consistantly, we don't know of anyone else around who will touch it, never mind the 4k+ hes got into it. When it runs cool it runs extremely well but he is afraid to drive it because if it is not the HG right now he does not want to blow it again. Right now the guy is talking about re-torqueing and maybe pulling the head off it and having it checked again. I just hope he is using his wallet this time, my sons is running dry on a car he can't drive........is this the love/hate relationship I hear about on the supra????
jadeanthony is offline   Reply With Quote