View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
oowee623
3" Exhaust

oowee623 is on a distinguished road

well theres 2 ways to do it, one way is to find the 3 wire plug coming from the tranny, the wires should be black, white and i think the third is blue, cut the black and white wire and splice them together to bypass the neutral safety switch, this method is used in an auto to manual swap but it should work for autos too.

the second way i learned from my dad. what you need for this one is some electrical wires and a push start button from radioshack or electronics store(optional but recommended), splice some of the electrical wire to the starter harness i thinks its brown and connect another peice of wire to the postitive battery terminal and run both through the firewall, since your car is automatic you can run it through the precut hole where the clutch master cylinder should be, careful not to touch the wires together while doing this or youll crank the engine or cause a short. run the wires to the coin slot and take the coin slot and cut a hole in it for the push start button. then crimp some small terminals to the wires and connect it to the button and you have yourself a push start button/neutral safety switch bypass but the key has to be in the on position to start otherwise it will just crank the engine, the button is optional cause you can just jump the two wires to start the car

i suggest you try to adjust your neutral safety switch first and if it doesnt work go ahead and try to bypass it. but be careful with it, the neutral safety switch is a safety feature, bypassing it allows you to start the car in any gear, and your wiring should be clean and not half-assed or sloppy or it will cause a short

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradaddy0803
the results of your work will be very nice when you push the gas and hold on for dear life.