View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #179
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

This is a great thread. I'm feeling your pain.
I just got my head off. The gasket seems perfect. (had it replaced 8k miles ago with stock gasket and bolts...will use metal and ARP now)
I have a fluid leak from my EGR cooler too but the gasket was fine. Maybe the bolts had been to loose but that doesn't acount for the fluid.
You stated I can see this being the source of a mysterious coolant leak via that big stupid plug...
Did you ever learn if that big stupid plug was the source? Or what did you learn?
(I'll have lots more questions later...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks

Sending it out today. Next picture will be it looking brand new. Here's a picture of the good ol' EGR cooler. I can see this being the source of a mysterious coolant leak via that big stupid plug Toyota felt the need for putting in there. Ill ask it again (just like the 4 plugs that hold on the no. 3 cylinder head cover) Why did Toyota just throw plugs (at rediculous sizes) in various areas throughout the 7M? Its not like they serve any purpose on planet earth. Why didn't they just cast it over like the rest of the head? I think its pay back for buying a car just because its turbocharged. Compared to other manufacturers Toyota design sucks dick.

Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote