View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 AM   #1
syclone
Stock

syclone is on a distinguished road
Default Hopefully new owner...

Hey guys, I've been looking at some supras lately and decided to join a forum and see what all is up with them before buying a money pit. I had a 1991 GMC Syclone truck for the last 2.5 years, and loved every driving second of it. It was the biggest pain in the ass to work on and it probably ran for half the time I owned it. For those of you that don't know it was a turbo'd AWD V6 that clocked off mid-low 13 sec quarters and mid 4 sec 0-60 times. I was never able to take it to the track but with a few bolt ons I got down to a 4.2 0-60. But back to talking about why I'm here. I have decided to sell the money pit of a truck and get something a little more reliable and practical. I don't want to spend all my earnings from the truck and try to shoot for the mkiv just to find myself broke later, so I have been checking out mkIIIs. I saw some stuff about overheating and head gaskets, what else is there to look out for when buying? If I buy one I'd like to have a 13 or low 14 sec daily by the time I'm done with it. (hopefully thats possible). I have another question too, is a CT26 turbo the stocker on these? My buddy just bought one too with 2 CT26s, one installed, one chillin in the trunk in near perfect condition. Also what kind of price range am I looking at? I'm going for under under like 80k mi, a lil more is fine, close to stock, leather seats, manual tranny, just something in pretty nice condition. If theres some stuff I find searching some more I'll try to edit or answer my own Qs, Thanks guys.
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote