View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
Knightryder
Stock

Knightryder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradaddy0803
Ok first off I am not knocking the 7M's at all but I did a 1JZ swap and I love the difference in the car all together. The 1JZ has a factory MHG shares so many things with a 2JZ and is twin turboed to boot. Of course there is a lot more modification but with a little time and pateince it all comes together. But if you dont know much about the swaps then I would go for a 7MGTE swap because you will have so much of a easier time with it. As for all of the parts you will need sometimes if you find a clip you will get everything and not have to peice everything together but 7M clips are really hard to find and cost a little more than just the motor.
I dont know supra's. I know engines, and let me say you can get just as much with one big turbo as you can with 2 smaller turbo's, and not have a bunch of piping to run. As for me running a twin set up, I dont like TT cars personally. To much can go wrong with them when you drag race them, and that will be happening with mine. A 1JZ seems like it will cost alot more than I am wanting to put into this project too. 15K is plenty to drop into the engine, and the JZ swap would be alot more costly. Not to mention it would defeat the purpose of having an american model of the supra since the JZ didnt come in the MK3 in the US. I want to keep it authentic to a certain point.
Knightryder is offline   Reply With Quote