View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
godgaveussid
Stock

godgaveussid is on a distinguished road

i hang with alot of drifting guys and though i am no expert i have to heard abou this shit 24/7. camber and caster settings play a big roll. most cars come from the factory with around .5 degrees negative caster and 5 degrees posotive camber. camber/caster is adjustable by buying aftermarket rear upper control arms (adj. camber) and front pillow tenson rods (adj. caster). most drifters will run maybe 1.5 degrees neg. camber and 6 degrees positive caster. toe in/out is also important but not tops on the list. coilovers help but a simple shock/spring setup should suffice. cheap upgrades are a nice way to start out. rear subframe brace ($60) adds some stiffness and polyurthane bushings for swaybars and steering components add to responsiveness...that crisp feeling. a 2-way on/off lsd in nice but not a must. i wouldnt weld your diff unless you have a drift-only slut (a drifter buddy of mine with a mk2 200sx turbo has a weld diff and its shit for daily.)

1981 Datsun 280zxt - bought, broke, sold for profit.

1993 Camaro Z28 - lt4 heads, hotcam, full bolt-ons , 430rwhp 450 rwtq, traded for...

1991 Supra - 30k on new jdm 7mgte; 60k on n/a chasis. intake, hks mhg, mbc, 3" custom turboback, crossdrilled rotors, sunroof.

COMING SOON: hard pipes, greddy profec b, hks turbo timer, lexus afm, 550's, mkiv fuel pump, blitz bov.
godgaveussid is offline   Reply With Quote