Thread: first car?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
My86.5MintSupra
Stock

My86.5MintSupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Supra Guestjimmy@Jun 24 2005, 03:20 AM
HEY EVERYONE, ok heres the deal, I LOVE THE TOYOTA SUPRA, Its been my favorite car ever since, i dont have a car and i wanna save for a supra. can anyone tell me the negatives of having a supra for a first car and the positives. i want the supra for my first car but everywhere i look there like really expensive, i like the 1993 and newer versions of the sura i hate the older ones. Email me if you can help me out at isupra15@hotmail.com
Wow, when I turned 18 in 1986, there were so many cars I wanted.

The new RX-7 second Gen had just hit the market, ofcourse the 1986.5 Supra came out, The Mustang GTs were taking shape, the 300z's were tough, Iroc z-28..... I was a kid in a candy store.

In 1989 I bought an 88 RX-7....I was 19 years old, insurance killed me.

Now a days, insurance companies are harsh. One of the women I currently see, works as an insurance agent for a broker.

Here is my advice to you, since you said this would be you first car, I assume you have never made a car payment and thus your credit score is not a very high one. Secondly, I assume you haven't been carrying insurance on yourself consecutively for atleast 12 months. And I assume you are also very young having never owned a car.

All three of these factors combined, I can pretty much tell you that insurance for you, on a 93+ model Supra is going to be in mid 200 range a month.

Here is my advice to you. As a first car, find something more practical, something with four cylinders and four doors. Perhaps a Corrolla or something. Take out a loan, do not be late on a single payment, carry insurance, and for heavens sakes NO TICKETS!!!

After a year of making on time payments, and carrying insurance for 12 months consecutive...THEN go out and trade in on a Supra.
My86.5MintSupra is offline   Reply With Quote