View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #62
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre
Bummer, so the great deal I could get is equal to:

Figures. Oh well, the rims aren't here yet and I don't have the cash for the tires anyway, so I'll have time to look around.
Keep in mind, if you are concerned with true cornering and sidewall flez, profile in-and-of-itself is NOT the only consideration. The tire construction, design, and purpose is more important. Save your money for a while longer and get a good performance tire. It is always a trade off for really good grip Vs tire life but a good stiff sidewall will cost a little more. Most of the 'bargain' tires wont have that so I advise be patient, save your money, and get a proper tire. Since low profile and bling are in voque, there are many crap tires on the market which are just for looks. I had a set of really cool looking Bridgestones that came on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. They looked cool but felt like they flexed so much they were going to role off the rims. I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1's. Much better and may be a good choice for your Supra but dry weather only. Actualy got them pretty reasonable from Tirerack.com.
If you really want a great tire get Toyo RA1's...GREAT performance but may not last too long on a daily driver. (I have 225/45/17 on 8.5"rims)

Bottom line, try not to get cheap tires, but you can shop for quality tires and save money. (Another brand to look at is Nitto.)
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote