View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
finaltable
3" Exhaust

finaltable is on a distinguished road
Default Mk III Antenna,rear wiper motor, rear lock non-functional. Advice needed

I'm starting to work on the few things that need fixing on my car. These include the heater, the rear wiper, the power antenna and the rear hatch lock mechanism. The heater is beyond my capabilities and the antenna seems tough to get to so I am starting with the wiper motor.

I think that the controls on the steering column still work because I can still squirt water out of the fluid jets on the back. My next culprit is the motor itself. Is there any way I can apply power to it directly to see if it is in fact functional? It has been suggested by someone to make a couple of really long wires with alligator clips on the ends that I can attach to the battery. Is this a bad idea? If it isn't, can I just hook up one to the wiring contacts and touch the other one to get it to operate or do that have to be done in a particular way?

Since I'll be back there with tools anyway, any advice on the antenna or hatch? I've removed every nut that appears to hold the exterior panel over the latch and it simply won't come off to expose the lock. Is my assessment correct that I am going to take apart most of the passenger side rear panel to fix the antenna?

Thanks.

Last edited by finaltable; 07-19-2007 at 04:57 PM.
finaltable is offline   Reply With Quote