Thread: 1000 rwhp
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #12
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDsupra
basically what I want this car for is as a weekend track car that handles pretty well, nothing extreme...
What kind of "track"? Autocross? Drift? Dragrace track? Roadrace? Rally?
Quote:
...and a car that I can take to drag racing events...
You can take almost any car to drag racing events. What kind of performance do you expect from it when you get there? 12s? 10s? 8s?

Note: If you want to build a 1000rwhp Mkiv Supra that you can both dragrace and roadrace effectively, you're talking some REALLY big $ - probably close to 6 figures. If you want it to be show-quality too, then you'll be over 6 figures easy...
Quote:
...How much boost will the car have to run at to achieve 1000rwhp...
I already posted the answer to this question (click this link to get to my post, above) - about 32psi or so, depending on several items.
Quote:
...and if I lower it can I run on pump gas I know that it wont be 1000hp but when I just wanna drive it....
Sure. Just be d@mn sure your boost stays down, or it's kaboom bye-bye to the engine.
Quote:
...I saw your supra on the links your work is amazing how much horsepower is it pushing out or how much is ur planend horsepower
Thank you for your kind words! About 800rwhp now, and planned is about 1250rwhp or so.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 07-18-2007 at 01:40 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote