Thread: OEM Headgaskets
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
91 Supra
Stock

91 Supra is on a distinguished road
Default OEM Headgaskets

Hey guys I have 91 Supra Turbo W/ 100,136 miles. I have not had any mechanical issues with the car since Ive had it (81,000 miles) nor have I had the notorious headgasket problems associated with MKIIIs. However, I would like to avoid BHG symptoms by putting on a good gasket soon to avoid future problems. I have read threads on the matter and have noticed that those who have had BHG have preferred HKS headgaskets over the general OEM headgasket. Since I have not experienced any BHG related symptoms, can I safely assume that my engine block is fine and thus will not need re-surfacing or the installation of a thicker metal and more resilient headgasket as those offered by HKS? I simply don't want to spend more than I need to on a HKS gasket when a new OEM gasket will provide the same protection with the proper torquing. I would greatly appreciate your guys' input and advice on the matter. Many thanks for your time.

Note: I have no interest in racing or accumulating big horsepower as this car is my daily driver. The only changes I have made are the following things:
megan downpipe, K&N intake, 3'' full exhaust with Gt megan muffler. Turbo boost changed a bit from stock due to these changes to about 7-8 PSI but still close to stock. I just want the car to sound good and run as unrestricted as possible

Thank again

Javier
91 Supra is offline   Reply With Quote