View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
Supra chick's dad
Stock

Supra chick's dad is on a distinguished road
Default Help...

Hey, thanks guys, it's good to hear all the ideas. I did work on the Supra all weekend and came up with some new stuff. I think I found the culprit. First to answer your questions, I did replace the timing belt prior to the install but I've done many in the past. I was extremely careful setting it up right and with the 7M it's as easy as they get. The timing I checked and it was dead on at 10 btdc. I was however able to generate a code by continously trying to get the motor to rev. eventually it crapped out enough to throw a 31. Hanes (cringe) says air flow or ECU. Toyota code book says air flow. Though I had cleaned a grungy MAF already, I decided to go at it again. Upon sterilizing the crap out of the honeycomb, and reinstalling the rest of the assembly, the car revved like normal. I was so freaking stoked! But now it won't idle. Go figure. I guess it's alll good though as the normal symptom for a bad MAF is poor idle. Now that I have seen the changes directly related to the MAF, I am confident the problem lies somewhere within that little black box. 360.00 for a new one seems a bit ridiculous, but neccesary none the less. I need to call around then order one. Too bad there isn't a Supra's only parts store where a guy could get a break on the huge markup. I understand when it comes to aftermarket stuff, but these things can't cost much to make. All the engineering is covered in the cost of the car originally. Whatever, I am on my way and will report after swapping the MAF out with a new one.
Supra chick's dad is offline   Reply With Quote