Thread: Overheating
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #17
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct. I seriously have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that. Guess I should stop posting from work. :P

However, a BHG is not the only thing that will cause your coolant system to purge.

EDIT: I remember what I was thinking... the relations between temp, pressure and volume. Damn I had some wires crossed yesterday. Thanks for the knock on the head IHateHacks.

The volume of a liquid is inversely proportional to pressure in which it exists and proportionate to its temperature. If the pressure drops the volume increases. If the temperature rises the volume increases. If the system's coolant begins purging at a lower pressure than the system was designed for the rate of exchanged energy begins decreasing and the temperature of the coolant increases. As the temperature increases, the volume of the fluid again increases resulting in another increase in the system's pressure and more purging.

The cooling system is well planned and there are a lot of physics involved in the design, implementation and operation of an effective system... admittedly more than I have a handle on.

Last edited by cre; 07-01-2007 at 10:35 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote