View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Don't bother with an air compressor. I tried 5 different impact guns even one rated at 120psi with a 150psi air compressor and still wasn't able to get the crankpulley bolt off. It's torqued to 195ft/lbs from the factory. I'm pretty sure you can take the 2 block to trans brackets and remove the plate that covers the flywheel so you can block it with a pry bar but thats under the car and will be a pain. If you remove the starter to access the flywheel teeth, you will have greater leverage. I did mine through the starter hole because I was doing a head gasket and had to take the starter out to remove the rear knock sensor connector so I could remove the harness that snakes through the intake manifold so I could remove the intake manifold. So it kinda worked out for me. If you are just trying to replace the timing belt and your upper intake manifold is still connected, then going through the starter hole will be a bitch. My whole intake manifold was off the head when I used the starter hole method. Either way, bottom line is you have to stop the flywheel from turning to remove that bolt. Good luck!
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote