View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 04:52 AM   #2
plaaya69
12psi boost

plaaya69 is on a distinguished road

Yup that does look like a brake pad. The reason why your brakes got soft is probably once the pad fell out and all of the brake fluid went to the other 3 brake calipers, the brake caliper that this pad came from expanded so your brakes went back a little more than they usually would and they felt soft. I would inspect all of the other pand and replace them all. Also replece the brake lines because if they are original then they are probably old, hard, and could be starting to crack.

I know what was very scary for me was when I gotten to a fast food place in my 87 N/A and all you heard was a big pop. The brake pedal droped to the floor and I had no brakes at all and i get out to look on the ground and I see a puddle of brake fluid. After that horrible night I replaced all of the brake lines with some good stanless steel brake lines(not cheap ones either) and I inspected all of my brakes because that feeling is very scary.