View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
sd88supra
3" Exhaust

sd88supra is on a distinguished road
Unhappy egr valve... reusable?

I failed emissions today due to high NOx readings. Despite not having an error code, I suspected it was something with the EGR so I removed the EGR valve to find it out it was plugged up. I barely failed it though (I'm in California), I can see why cars in states that don't require NOx readings that low don't need one.

Is there any way to clean the valve? I don't really want to spend $220 to get a valve from a dealer. If not, is there any other way to reduce NOx in my emissions? I went to some recycling yards but my EGR valve is actually in better condition.

Damn government pretending to be so concerned about breathing healthy... so why are we using 50 year-old combustion technology?

I have a feeling I'm gonna end up having to spend that money.

Thanks in advance...

-1987 5 spd Turbo with TEMS: miss-matched tires, needs lots of work, but it runs! Project car.

-1988 N/A auto targa: all stock except 18" rims with Falken 265/35/18 in rear and 225/35/18 in front; daily driver.
sd88supra is offline   Reply With Quote