Thread: Engine oil flow
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 04:42 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

A couple basics here. MAF is a term specific to certain types of air flow meters. The generic term used by Toyota and a few other companies is AFM. The MKIII does not have a MAF. The turbo model has a KV AFM and the non-turbo has a VAF.

Thanks to the MAFT Pro, I do have a MAF in my N/A.

Stan, given everything you've got in your build already I would personally probably choose to go with a speed density setup. Either will work fine though. Yes, those are the type of MAF I'm referring to, although removing the screen isn't recommended. The screen serves one more function than that seller mentions, it makes sure that the air flowing through the sensor is evenly distributed. If the MAF were placed right after a bend in the pipe a lot of air would slip by that the hot wires don't see.... then you run lean, possibly VERY lean.

I just got back from test driving the turbo MKIII I've been setting up for speed/density... WOW. I love that car, too bad I won't have for more than another week.

It's not a horrible system to setup, but it's easy to get intimidated by it.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote