Thread: Engine oil flow
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my first question would be which engine? 7M, 1JZ or 1G?

To say that any of them have oil problems makes it out to be worse than it is. Most of Toyota's engines of that generation had high flow, low pressure oil systems. In highly modified 7M's shimming the relief valve is somewhat popular, but if you're going as far as pulling the oil pan you really should put in a new pump. After all, we're talking about a car that is almost 20 years old, springs soften, pathways get clogged, gears wear and pumps weaken.

SAFC? Are you only interested in Apexi fuel controllers? If so the SAFC II is the what I see the most in our cars... it should be easy to find support for. The Apexi Neo has gained a lot of interest but I don't think I've heard of more then a couple people using it so far. Personally, if I were looking for a basic fuel controller, I would probably go with the SAFC II... but I'm running a MAFT Pro which fills that requirement along with a few more.

The MAFT Pro is a piggyback which not only offer fuel tuning, but timing control, MAF translation or Speed/Density conversion and boost control. It's not a simple system and support for the MKIII Supra with it can be VERY hard to find locally. Online support is decent and hopefully will be getting MUCH better soon.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote