View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
canadian mole
Stock

canadian mole is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE help newbee with engine rebuild

Hello all I am new to this forum and new to supra's, having had a mid life crises I went and bought one today and would like some advice. I bought a 89 turbo with a blown engine as it seems is popular with these cars from what I have read on this forum and I am going to rebuild it. Now my question is that with the parts below that are on the car and what came with the car what is the best way to rebuild this engine so that it will take the extra hp and avoid engine problems in the future

The car came with the following installed:

550cc Injectors
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
k&n intake
Spec stage 3 clutch
boost controller
HKS AFR fuel computer
Boost & EGT Gauges
3" exhaust

Extra parts:

SPG1GT Turbo by Sound Performance
3" intercooler
Walboro fuel pump
HKS blow off valve
Lexus AFM air/fuel mointor

from taking to the old owner the engine has a loud knock between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I did not even start the car as I do not want to do any further damage.
Any advice from the best way to pull the engine to what I should make sure to upgrade while apart or add would be a big help. I want to end up with a reliable car that is fun to drive and a little more HP than the car beside me. Thanks for all your help in advance and I apoligize if any of the above sounds funny as I just copied what the Guy who sold it to me listed. I got what I thought was a great deal on the car as is and I have always wanted to rebuild an engine (mid life crisis) and am looking forward to this project call me crazy.

Thanks
canadian mole is offline   Reply With Quote